When it comes to getting rid of flying insects in your home, it might seem overwhelming. Bugs are attracted to different places all over your house – so, how are you supposed to deal with these pests as they intrude separate areas of your home? Thankfully, here at DynaTrap®, we have indoor flying insect solutions for every area of your house. Learn what steps you can take to make each room in your house less attractive to pests, plus solutions to eliminate them.
Prevent Bugs in Your Kitchen
When it comes to places in your house that attract insects, your kitchen is one of the top spots. With food, crumbs, and water, this makes for the perfect place for flying pests to swarm. It also provides a place where they can build their nest and reproduce with easy access to the essential things they need.
Common insects that you’ll find in your kitchen are flies, fruit flies, and moths. It’s vital to keep these bugs out of your kitchen before they start infesting your pantry, cupboard, and drawers. Here are some things that you can do to protect your kitchen space:
- Proper Storage – By sealing food and making sure the items in your pantry are tightly shut, you’re preventing pantry moths from finding food.
- Cleaning Crumbs – Wiping appliances after using them, along with sweeping the floor and cleaning tables regularly can help reduce the number of insects coming into your kitchen.
- Hide Fruits & Vegetables – When you keep fruit out, it might look like nice, but it also looks like a feast for fruit flies and other insects. Place them in the cupboards or fridge.
- Doing Dishes – When you leave dishes out, you’re allowing insects to eat off your plates. Don’t let them sit in the sink, do them right away or put them in the dishwasher.
- Seal Window Screens – If you like to bake with the windows open, make sure that your screens are secured and that there aren’t any holes that bugs can fly through.
- Use a DynaTrap® DOT Indoor Flying Insect Trap – These traps can be easily plugged into any outlet in your kitchen or any room in the house for that matter. With its sleek, decorative design, this trap will fit right into the rest of your decorations.
Keeping your kitchen protected from insects can help keep them out from the rest of your house, so it’s crucial to act once you start noticing the problem.
Bug-Proof Your Bathroom Like a Pro
Like kitchens, bathrooms are attractive to insects because of their moisture. In these spaces, they don’t need to search for water, so they can take up residence in this room of your house for a while without having to leave for other things. Here are some things that you can do to help flying pests stay out of your bathroom:
- Avoid Leaving Puddles – When you leave puddles, you’re creating a space that instantly attracts all sorts of bugs.
- Check Pipes – Leaky pipes and fixtures can be a problem that causes moisture in this small space. Fixing these can help with preventing insects.
- Clean Bathroom Weekly – By making sure that you’re keeping this space frequently cleaned, you’re lowering the chances of insects finding it attractive.
Bug Prevention in Every Room
Despite pests attracted to kitchens and bathrooms, other common areas you might find them are attics and basements. These places can be used for storing items and can be left undisturbed for long periods. By regularly cleaning, vacuuming, and de-cluttering, you can make sure that pests aren’t taking advantage of these quieter places.
Flying insects can also get into other spaces of your home, like bedrooms and living rooms. Any areas that aren’t sealed well from the outdoors give bugs a chance to enter your home and invade your space. Making sure that the perimeter of your home is closed off with no holes or cracks, verifying that your windows/screens are in good condition, and checking for gaps around the framing of your exterior doors are quick and easy ways to prevent these pesky visitors.
To up your protection all-around your house, you can implement a DynaTrap® Indoor Ultralight Tungsten Insect Trap. With its travel-size,sleek design, you can place this trap indoors and let it do all the work of catching flying insects for you. We offer a wide variety of other indoor products for all of your room-protection needs!
Defend Your Home From Insects
There are ways that you can protect your home from the inside out. When it comes to handling flying pests, you might feel overwhelmed. Here at DynaTrap®, we provide you with quality products and the latest information so that you are well equipped to protect your space. To stay up to date with our latest deals, products, and advice on keeping your house insect-free, sign up for our enewsletter!